• Pregnant girl death because of girl mother in law and doctor

My sister Ranjan nayak she was pregnant and she has has so many complection during pregnancy because Thier family tourture she was mentally harassing and beacuse of that she got high BP and Thier family didn't done proper treatment they didn't go to hospital as per doctor suggestion and finally she had a lot of complication during pregnancy like low blood in body ,high BP and even after all this complication doctor has done the ceserian operation without putting blood in buffer and finally because of lack of blood in body she got death .I want to raise complian to doctor and his family .
Doctor don't have in buffer and has done the ceserian operation and Thier family didn't treated well during Thier pregnancy.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

3 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

16 Answers


There are 02 things to be dealt separately. First is torture and harassment by her family and second one is medical negligence by doctor.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Yes, you can certainly file a case against the Doctor and husband's family in case there has been any kind of negligence on his part while delivering his services. There are 5 concurrent steps that are suggested here.

1) File a case in the Consumer Forum for deficiency in services rendered to you, causing monitory loss and mental / physical harassment

2) File a written complaint to the MCI against malpractice rendered to you by the Doctor

3) File a Police Complaint for cheating and harassment

4) Family people neglected to take her for delivery to good hospital so it's like killing her

5) So they should arrested under section attempt to kill.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Death due to doctor's negligence needs to be proved, You should Lodge a complaint to police, Police study complete patient's history,what was the health status of patient before operation.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19029 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Obtain second opinion from doctor that treatment given to your sister was negligent

Then complain against doctor before medical council

Also file complaint before consumer forum and seek orders to direct doctor to pay you compensation

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87893 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


File a case under section 498a of the IPC against the family .

And file a case against the doctor in consumer forum.


Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
2941 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Get all the documents and file criminal complain against daughter u/s 304a of IPC, it is deep negligence of doctor to store extra blood to met with emergency while carrying operation and agasint hospital also as no storage of blood.

Compensation for medical negligence under consumer court and for compensation to the family of a person for loss occasioned to it by her death by actionable wrong under fatal accident act.

Also write to medical council of India.

Against in laws file complain u/s 498a and 304b of IPC, as main reason of her death is inlaws harassment.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

- if , you think that this all happened due to negligence and torture on the part of her husbands family , then you have option to lodge complaint to the police and higher police officials.

- If, police deny to lodge FIR or to take legal steps against the family , then you should file complaint case before the court for inquiry under section 156(3) CRPC and for legal actions.

- Further, for the doctors negligence in services , you should lodge complaint before the Medical counsel and also can claim compensation after filing case in the consumer court of your jurisdiction.

Dont worry, you will get justice

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
9872 Answers
121 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It may be a case of dowry death or domestic violence. You need to come with proper facts. It is advisable for you to take paid consultation from Kaanoon lawyers.

Junaid Ali Khan
Advocate, New Delhi
173 Answers
1 Consultation

4.7 on 5.0


1) You can lodge an FIR against the offenders, the members of her husband's family and the doctor separately for medical negligence.

2) As you state thatthe pregnancy had complications, it will have to be proved that the in laws treated her with cruelty and that led to the complications and that the doctor was indeed negligent in his treatment of the patient resulting in her death

S J Mathew
Advocate, Mumbai
3381 Answers
175 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can register FIR for medical negligence against doctor and FIR against the mother in law under section 304 of IPC.

You can also file a complaint in consumer forum against the doctor and claim for the compensation as you desire in case your compensation amount exceeds Rupees 20 lacs then it is advisable to file the complaint in state consumer dispute redressal Commission

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. You have two issues in the instant case. one against the doctor's negligence and the other against hger family members for torturing her.

2. File a police complaint against the doctor alleging medical negligence sending copy of it to the Indsian medical Association.

3. Thereafter also lodge a police complaint against her in laws for causing death to her.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26602 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


this is a case of medical negligence. file a complaint against the doctor and the police will register an FIR.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13754 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Move a complaint with the Police in the matter against your sister's in laws and the doctor who peformed the operation on your sister.

You can also file a case of medical negligence against the doc.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You may file an FIR against the family.

Against the doctor you may file a case of medical negligence and also complaint against him before the medical council of India with concrete prove.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

You can file complaints as proposed and before that collect necessary medical and other evidence to show there was negligence and unprofessional on the part of doctor. If police do not cooperate then file private complaint u/s 200 Cr.P.C. You may also go to Consumer Fourm against doctor for medical negligence.

Netravathi Kalaskar
Advocate, Bengaluru
4952 Answers
27 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

You can obtain a second opinion about the treatment given to her and if the opinion suggests that there is a negligence on the part of the doctor or the hospital in this regard then you may plan to initiate legal action agaisnt them, but no case will be maintainable agaisnt her in laws or her husband on the basis of your version about their negligence.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78048 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer