• Property right

My grandfather gave a piece of land to a person Without any registration for his business. After a decade he left the place & gone away. From last 3 years another person is doing business on that land. Do my father has any right on that land?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Araria, Bihar
is your grand father alive ? if he is dead did he leave any will or he died intestate? 

it appears no agreement has been entered into by your grand father with said person for running business in said land . your  grand father / legal heirs can file suit for eviction against the occupier of land .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45760 Answers
2693 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

yes your father has right if your grand father is nomore
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Is the sale deed registered in your grand father's favour? Did he enter into an agreement with the person to whom he gave the land? If no such agreement was made by your grand father then his legal heirs alone i.e your father and his siblings have a right thereon. It, therefore, follows that they may file a suit for eviction to recover the land.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer