• Divorce

Sir, me and my wife separated last 8month and my wife leave with my father in law and so many time i ask my wife come in home and leave with me but she never interested and i also suggest for divorce but she never interested divorce.she always talk mobile and hurt me. so sir i want divorce.
Asked 3 years ago in Family Law from ratlam, Gujarat
Religion: Hindu

You can file a divorce petition on the ground of cruelty at the court of competent jurisdiction. For filing of the same you need to contact a local lawyer who can take care of the proceedings.

Nishant Bora
Advocate, Jodhpur
111 Answers
31 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Denying marital bliss by a party to marriage does amount to cruelty but it is not easy to get a decree if the other party resists. The process may consume a better part of your life. There are counselors appointed in family courts who can help in resolving some irritants in family way. Take help. Sometimes in retaliation to divorce petition, the women take recourse to criminal cases against the husband. If there are no serious difference, avoid litigation and adopt conciliatory moves.
H. S. Thukral
Advocate, New Delhi
524 Answers
129 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
I agree with my learned colleagues.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations
3.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
Ask a Lawyer

Family Lawyers

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
15202 Answers
138 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
24590 Answers
1317 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
18828 Answers
472 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
12695 Answers
260 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
5796 Answers
63 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
3622 Answers
137 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Atulay Nehra
Advocate, Noida
520 Answers
18 Consultations
4.7 on 5.0
Shivendra Pratap Singh
Advocate, Lucknow
2871 Answers
43 Consultations
4.9 on 5.0
Rajgopalan Sripathi
Advocate, Hyderabad
912 Answers
54 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0
Ajay N S
Advocate, Ernakulam
1943 Answers
19 Consultations
5.0 on 5.0