• Ancestral property

My father will out his ancestral property to elder son. Do I have right to claim?
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Araria, Bihar
on what basis you say property is ancestral. father can bequeath his share of ancestral property by will

You have not answered the question of Mr.Sethi. Do you have any title deed under your occupation which can prove in a court of law that the property is ancestral?

If it is ancestral then your father could have transferred only his share in the property, and nothing more. If he has willed the entire property then you may move to court and file a case for partition to cull out your equal share therein.

it is better you contact a local lawyer . you will have to prove it is ancestral property . if your father has willed entire ancestral property you can file suit for partition for your share

your father can give in will his share of ancestral property