• Regarding C.H.S. office transfer, RPAD sent but returned unclaimed

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am ex chairman of CHS, 

I am ex chairman of CHS. The new commiittee is elected on faulty election process when they were society payment "defaulters". When i made written complaint about this to asst registrar he never reverted to it.

Now,the new commiittee has sent me a legal notice to submit the society office.
I reverted back with wriiten letter (RPAD) on the lawyer's office address mentioning my "readyness to submit society office and date time place to submit it".
But the RPAD letter came back to me unclaimed.
I cant give letter by hand delivery as the new commiittee don't receive any letter from me by hand.

Now what should i do further? Should i send 2nd letter again or I should not worry as i have sent letter from my side but the other party lawyer didnt recive it?

Please guide.

With Regards
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

If letter is returned unclaimed - that is the postman has left a remark 'unclaimed' on the envelope containing your letter - then it is a good service and even if the letter is not physically received by the addressee, by law the addressee is deemed to have knowledge about your letter

so no need to do anything further

however if you wish, you can scan the office copy of your letter and the envelope with the unclaimed remark and email those scans to the addressee, if you have their email address

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6880 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Returned unclaimed is proper service

No need to send letter again

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87915 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Cleint,

Reply sent via registered post on last known address and returned unclaimed, due service of notice. No need to send another.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


It is suggested that you send your letter through different modes of communication such as speed post, registered post, courier etc. and none receipt by any mode will constitute to their will avoidance

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

This is my response to you:

1. Send the letter again;

2. Find the new address;

3. If you have email or whatsapp then send through the same;

4. Electronic means of service is also accepted service.

Gowaal Padavi
Advocate, Mumbai
1920 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sir you can sent the reply to the notice from the address you received notice further cal upon them to take charge further the copy of the notice can be marked to registrar of the societies. Yes you donot need to worry you can revert back again and send a copy vide mail if email id is given

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You may send the same again.

Also send the same be means of email to the lawyer and to the CHS or to the members of the CHS.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you have given reply making your intention to hand over the society properly at the place and the time fixed and agreed by both the sides, then you may wait for the action to be taken by them in this regard.

You dont rush up with your plans to hand over the same, let them approach you or intimate you about this after which you can comply with the requirements accordingly.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78070 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer