• Procedure for a divorce after 9 years of marriage with two girls

I am a woman, married since last 9 years [in 2004]
I have two daughters one is 6.5 yrs old and another is just 3 months
I have problems with my husband since I got married.. as he is very short tempered and always doubtful about me without any reason... you can say he is over possessive... because of which I am not allowed to do anything alone.... I thought time might solve my problems but it did not... 
No I really dont think our marriage can work anymore... Please advice me what is the best procedure for divorce and how to proceed it ... 
I am ready to take bot my daughters responsibility.... 

Please advice me ...
Thank you in advance,
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
is your husband willing to give you divorce? if so file for divorce by mutual consent . if your husband is refusing to give you divorce then file for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty . before taking this drastic step visit a marriage counsellor to save your marriage for sake  of your 2 daughters
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45573 Answers
2677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

it is always advised that the parties should go for mutual divorce in which all the terms and condition can be decided with respect to custody of child and alimony and it can be obtained with in a year provided there is seperation of 1 year between the parties.Contesting a divorce is time consuming game and can take any number of years.
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Over possessiveness is not ground for divorce. Sit and talk to him about how his possessiveness is becoming unbearable to you. Seek help of common friends, relatives or marriage counselor.
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
116 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Have you talked to your husband regarding filing for joint divorce on the basis of mutual consent? You should first ascertain the willingness or lack of it of your husband to opt for joint divorce. If he opts for joint divorce then marriage can be terminated legally within 6-8 months. 

If he is not willing to go for joint divorce then you may unilaterally apply for divorce on the ground of mental cruelty. You may additionally also apply for the custody of your both children.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

do one thing  just talk with ur husband what he want if he agree by mutual divorce then u filed mutual divorce otherwise u filed divorce on the ground of mental cruelty
Deepak Rao
Advocate, Delhi
15 Answers

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer