• Formal Party Defendant's right

Does formal party defendant have right to file his written statement in civil court? If yes, then under which provision of law?
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Of course he has every right to file his written statement.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0


That would be Order 8, Rule 1 of CPC.

Nishant Bora
Advocate, Jodhpur
111 Answers
33 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer