• Got enagaged, marriage was fixed and dumped me after making physical relations

A boy approched me 3 yrs. ago regarding marriage proposal through matrimonial site and I refused bcoz i did nt find family standards compatibility.. He approached again after 3 years by showing he's much more settled now.. He proposed and we got engaged with both families consent , knowing that he loves me and likes me from beginning. After engagement, marriage was fixed, and he had physical relations with me ,as he shown his right on me .. After few months he dumped me and created unnecessary drama not to marry me, he many times misbehaved with me, he did emotional blackmail too, later i got to know that was already in affair and physical relation with another girl from 3 yrs. and also was involved with her after our engagement.. he was not loyal to her and not to me.. i went under depression too bcz of all this, he did use and throw, now what legal action i can take to get him punished ??
Asked 5 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

16 Answers

File case of cheating against your lover under section 420 of IPC

2) you can also file case of rape against him under section 376 of IPC as he had physical relationship with you under promise of marriage

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94692 Answers
7527 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Firslty, Mam, there has been pathora of judgments passed by several High Courts as well as by the Supreme court of India for putting behind the bars those who have been playing with the emotions of the girls.

Secondly, whether you have been married or not, if he has got intimated with you on the promise of marriage (which is not disputed in your case) then he has committed the crime of Rape on you on the pretext of marriage.

Thirdly, I believe that you might be having some messages or recordings for disclosing that you both were intimated.

Fourthly, if yes, then I advice you to file a criminal case of Rape on him.

Fifthly, you should also file the suit for recovery of money which you have spent on the engagement before he Civil Court of Law.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5474 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You should file rape charges Against him as your consent was obtained by promising you that he is marrying you. This was not the case. He was involved with another girl and he was duping both of you.

Therefore the consent he obtained before making physical relations was vitiated and hence was no consent at all.

Therefore this comes squarely within the definition of rape.

Rape...Criminal breach of trust...intimidation and fraud.dont let him go.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
14088 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a complaint in ssp office regarding cheating and misuse. If u don't get feed back file complaint before magistrate..

Navdeep Kalair
Advocate, Chandigarh
45 Answers
11 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Under Indian law sex before marriage is not an offense,If two consenting adults indulge in sexual intercourse before marriage, with each other or someone else who is also not married, then it is not an offense.

You can file cheating case Under Section 420 against your fiance.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19299 Answers
32 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

1. This is clear case of cheating for sex on the promise of marriage.

2. So under no circumstances you should leave him .

3. Go the police station where you slept together and lodge a complaint with the police therein.

4. on the basis of your complaint a case under section 376 and 417 of IPC would be filed.

5. Once FIR is registered as stated above the police can raid his place and arrest him.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22815 Answers
488 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

You can file criminal complain of rape and cheating that on the pretext of marriage he had physical relations with you and now dumbed. And he did all in vengeance as you refused him 3 years back.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
22630 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You can file a complaint for committing an offence of rape under the pretext of marriage. sec 90 of ipc should be looked at. If under a misrepresentation of fact, for instance a false promise of marriage, the boy has sex, it is punishable. "The expression ‘under a misconception of fact’ is broad enough to include all cases where the consent is obtained by misrepresentation, the misrepresentation should be regarded as leading to misconception of the facts with reference to which the consent is given"

However the misrepresentation should be from the beginning.

Priyanka Jain
Advocate, Mumbai
7 Answers

Not rated

Hi, You need to lodge a police complaint for the offence of Rape and he will be behind the bar.

Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
5604 Answers
335 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You can file a police complaint against the boy for the offence of criminal breach of trust, fraud and rape under section 406, 420 and 376 of the Indian Penal Code

As the consent for having physical relationships was on the pretext of inducement of marriage, provisions of section 376 would also be attracted which would make it very difficult for the boy to obtain bail form court.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
6303 Answers
102 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Lodge a complaint with police for cheating and outraging modesty if you do not wanna file rape case. This is one of the option available to you to get him punished for the fraud committed by him and also file a dowry demand case against him stating that he demanded dowry to marry you.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1879 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client

You have the option of lodging an FIR under sec 376 rape under the false pretext of marriage and that would teach him a lesson he will never forget in life.

Adv vikas

Vikas Khatri
Advocate, Delhi
178 Answers

Not rated

You can file a complaint with the police of rape cheating and breach of trust that the boy in name of marriage used you for the physical relationship, consent taken in lieu of false promise of marriage is rape.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25514 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) Fraud and misrepresentation, plus rape case can be filed by you against him to teach him lesson.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12926 Answers
255 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You can lodge a criminal complaint against him for cheating offence on the promise of marriage under section 417 IPC.

His previous engagement can be considered as an evidence.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
84893 Answers
2190 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Lodge a FIR against him in with the CAW(Crime against Women) Cell of the Chandigarh Police.

He is liable to be booked for the offence of exploiting you physically and emotionally on the strenth of his false promise of marrying you.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, Lucknow
9600 Answers
303 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer