• Pending 498a case can cause issue for denmark work permit


I have applied for Denmark work permit as my company want me to treavel for 4month for some project and now my passport send for visa stamping. I had false 498a case filed on me .which was later withdrawn by my wife and now final judgement is pending. Will that cause my visa get rejected.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers


If the case has been withdrawn by your wife and you are not on bail then the case will have no effect on your travel schedule and permit. If however there happens once then file an application and take permission from the court.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sir since 498a is criminal offence it cannot be withdrawn it can be either quashed from high court or trial court acquit you or discharge you since the case is still pending it will show it in your police verification and the visa can be rejected.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

after withdrawn 498/a or before your visa has been rejected.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

It can cause problem because final verdict is still pending. But you can give application to court for giving you permission to get the visa on the besis of case being withdrawn.

Abhilasha Wanmali
Advocate, Nagpur
1022 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

1) If it has been withdrawn than there should not any issue as of now, if it were pending in the court than you may have asked to resolve this issue or sorted out

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You should get work visa

2) wife has withdrawn 498A case filed against you

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87911 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


The 498A case should not cause any difficulty as the same is now withdrawn also. However, do disclose this fact and do not hide. Generally the immigration department is aware of the misuse of this law, they may raise query but visa should not be denied.

Varnika Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
327 Answers
2 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0


Your wife withdraw petition, than for what case is pending.

It is over and not affect your visa.

Tarun Agarwal
Advocate, Jaipur
769 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Withdrawn and than how come judgement pending, Well, withdrawn amounts to no case pending, Visa will process.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

If your wife withdrawn the case, then there is no problem for getting visa.

Bindu Gogoi
Advocate, Guwahati
75 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Until the criminal case against you is disposed/dismissed you may not get police clearance certificate for Visa purpose, hence you may have to wait or the judgment.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78070 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer