• Formation of Ad hoc society

My question was there are total 12 flats in our building out of which 3 are tenant ( pagadi system ) and 5 flats as Co-owner and 4 flats of the plot holder ( landlord ) so I wanted to know can members form a ad hoc society and collect maintenance and other expenses. If yes does the plot holder or the landlord loose its right on the ownership or may have any kind of problem in future for redevelopment. 
Thank you
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

7 Answers

builder has to form cooperative society

2) if builder fails to form society then flat owners can form society

3)You can contact the cooperative registrar office in your area and get your society registered.

4) only after conveyance is executed in favour of society does the society become owner of the land

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87895 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. all occupants can come together and form a society

2. plot owner will not lose his right in the land

3. for the plot owner to be divested of his right, there will have to be execution of conveyance by plot owner in favour of society

4. unless that conveyance is done, the plot owner will remain and retain exclusive ownership of land

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6876 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The builder can form society or owners association and can handover same to you or further you people can make an registered society. After it is registered and account is there then the maintenance in the account can be collected, the owner doesn't loose his right over the land till he transfers it.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

For formation of society min 7 members are needed. If you have 7 memebers then you can form siciety.

Co-owmers of single flat is termed as single member only. So one flat can have one member only.

Landlord and plot holder does not loose all rights but if they does something to the flat owners then society can take action as a legal body.

Abhilasha Wanmali
Advocate, Nagpur
1022 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

Yes Adhoc committe can collects maintenance charges from Landlord.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19029 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

This is my response to you:

1. Yes you can form a ad-hoc committee;

2. You can also approach the Registrar and ask him to appoint an administrator to look after the affairs of the society;

3. Take help of a lawyer, if you wish him/her to represent your society in all legal dealings.

Gowaal Padavi
Advocate, Mumbai
1920 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The landlord can have his ownership rights over the flats still under his possession.

For forming a society you can include him also as a member since he too owns flats in the complex.

The tenants also can be members of the society.

Once a society is formed then the activities like collecting maintenance and maintainance of common areas will fall on the society

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78050 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer