• Hotel owner duped by Oyo hotel booking company

Hi.
I am the owner of a hotel in Siliguri West Bengal. We had a buisness tie up with Oyo, with which we were unhappy and had to terminate the deal 4 months ago. We email the company saying to settle the accounts. But they never replied. They blocked our rooms from all other online travel agent's that we were previously working with. After repeated Watsapp discussions with the company local head, he pomisses he will give the details but it of no use as they prolonged it to 4 months of wait. This is costing me a lot of losses without any online bookings. This hotel is all I have to run my family and I just had a son. Please help. Show me what I can do.
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Send them a legal notice wherein you must raise all your grievances and seek their immediate redressal.

In the above legal notice which you must send to oyo, you must also seek damages along with compensation for the business loss caused to you.

Also did you sign any business agreement with oyo, containing an arbitration clause?

1. File a Civil Suit, claiming damages, compensation for the various business losses alongwith the Good will of the business.

2. Also can file Criminal Case of cheating, for refusing to honor committment.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Hemant Agarwal

Issue legal notice to Oyo ti clear your dues

1) if Oye fails to do so sue the company to recover your dues with interest

1. I am sure you made an agreement with the Oyo team in WB. So refer to its terms on the event of termination of the agreement.

2. Apparently it looks like they are trying to cheat your money and of that is so then to expedite the resolution of your problem lodge with the local police station a complaint of cheating u/s 420 IPC.

3. If and when the FIR is registered you can expect them to settle the dispute with amicably and in no time.

You can file a case of breach of contract and claim compensation for the loss and unfair practices along with the amount outstanding as per your records and interest there on.

You may also file a case of cheating and misappropriation on the similar grounds under section 420 and 406 in the name of the authorised persons in criminal court.

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra

Sir file a suit against the Oyo for recovery of the funds and further claiming compensation on the ground that Oyo has intentionally blocked you from different portals and disturbed your business.

Hi, it is advisable to register a police FIR for criminal breach of trust under section 406 IPC..

Hemant Chaudhary

1. How come Oyo could block your rooms to be booked by other travel agents on line? Do you have any evidence to that effect?

2. If yes, then lodge a police complaint against them for blackmailing you by threatening causing loss to you for your seeking to settle accounts with them by closing the deal.

3. If police refuse to register FIR against them, file Writ Petition against police inaction praying for a direction upon police to register FIR, investigate and act as per law bed on your said complaint. Oyo will become alright now.

4. Thereafter file a damage suit claiming the amount of loss causd to you with interest, damage and cost.

You can send a legal notice through lawyer,

File a civil lawsuit for breach of contract when you've suffered financial damages as a result of the breach, also you can approach District Consumer forum.

1. Serve a lawyer's notice to the company to release your dues and also pay compensation to you for the losses suffered by you.

2. If he does not comply with the legal notice within 7 days of the receipt of it then you can file a suit for recovery of money and damages and also file a criminal complaint under Section 406 IPC.

If the oyo company has violated the conditions or conducted breach of contract, you can very well take steps as per the condition on such situation.

If your dues have not been settled then you may send them a legal demand notice followed by a money recovery suit in the civil court.