• Writ pending in high court due to rush of cases

A person frauded with me and i complained against him in police where fir was registered under section 420 406 and 120b but police did not arrested him he applied for bail with district session judge but his bail was dismissed and his custodial interrogation was demanded but police still not arrested him then i moved punjab and haryana high court in jan 2017 a criminal misc writ for directions to state of punjab after 6 hearings of this writ petition no reply was given by state then on 27 nov 2017 judge ordered that list of arguments on next date but last three dates have passed as informed by my advocate that no hearing from last three dates because of rush of cases now the person is threatning me for compromise what is the legal remedy
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Sikh

4 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

8 Answers

your advocate may mention the matter before the concerned bench and request for the matter to be listed. Make sure you make a strong case of urgency, for instance, creation of third party rights or any such urgent relief that would require immidiate attention of the court.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

File another complain in police of threat to compromise and withdrawal of FIR. File early hearing application in HIGH Court.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1. Since you have already filed the writ petition then it is the only option you will have to carry on.

2. It appears that hearing has reached the final stage and if that is so then your wait is not more longer.

3. However to expedite the hearing you can mention before the judge but till the final decision you will have to wait anyway.

4. You can mention the court of the threats done to you.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Record his threats

File police complaint against him for criminal intimidation under section 506 of IPC

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87932 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The backlog of cases is humongous, due to which cases do not get reached even on the date they are fixed.

2. Since the case is not getting reached your advocate can make an urgent mention just before the rising of the court and draw the attention of the court to the urgency involved. Nothing else can be done.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30761 Answers
971 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you are not ready for compromise then you dont agree to his demand nor budge to his threatening pressures.

You dont withdraw your complaint nor the writ petition , you may just wait for the decision by high court on the writ petition.

If the opponent is indulging in any illegal act of threatening you again then you may again approach the police with a fresh complaint against him.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78089 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sir the urgency in the case can be mentioned on the day of listing before the bench in high court the Judge shall give priority in the matter in that case it can be heard on same date and order can be passed.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you are not bound to compromise if you do not wish to

however if the terms of the compromise proposal are reasonable then you can consider the same

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6881 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer