• My RC name order is different

I have a vehicle which met with a mild accident. My name in adhaar card is Goli ravi kumar, but my name in rc of vehicle is ravi goli kumar. my insurance company says i will not get insurance. what to do in this case? the speling is right but the order of name is different
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

8 answers received in 1 day.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

Firslty, as this may be the mistake of company who has made the RC (it is for the Traffic authority departments).

Secondly, at the time of buying the vehicle you must have given the relevant ids then it is their fault for which you can’t be held liable.

Thirdly, just make an affidavit stating as you are the same person in both the documents.

Fourhtly, then give them a representation to release the amount of insurance.

Fifthly, if they do not respond then please file consumer complaint in the District Forum of Consumer Protection.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This is not a major issue, you submit your aadhaar card and pan card to the insurance company. If they still denying, you can file a civil suit against the insurance company.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You can get a notarised affidavit stating both the names are one and the same denoting you and the app

ly for insurance claim, let them refuse it in writing you may approach consumer forum for relief and compensation for deficiency in service.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78070 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Give them copy of invoices, an affidavit duly notarized along with claim application. Still your claim not considered, file a case before the consumer forum.

Konda Srinivas
Advocate, Hyderabad
211 Answers
2 Consultations

Not rated

Have you at any point executed an affidavit to state that both are one and same person? If this has not been done then do it even now so that if insurance company denies you insurance on this ground you may show to the court that it is only a typographical mistake and you can still be identified. This is not a ground to deny insurance. Contest the case fittingly.

Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
30761 Answers
971 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Apply a revision in the same court to correct the name in the order this is not a big deal and the court daily order correction in the same day

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0


If they refuse to give the insurance on this ground then you may go ahead and file a case against them in the dictrict consumer forum. what is the name in the insurance certificate?


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

No big deal, file consumer complain.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Sir at time of purchasing vehicle and insurance you have furnished your id proof based on that the company has insured your vehicle so now they cannot skip liability by saying that order of name is different.

Make an affidavit that both name are of same person and order in RC is enter otherwise provide id proof and document of vehicle and submit claim in case they reject claim.file a consumer complaint against insurance company.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please first of all change your name in Aadhaar Card which is simple instead to change the name in all other documents and then approach them.

Koshal Kumar Vatsa
Advocate, Gurgaon
2283 Answers
3 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You get the rectification done from the RTO authorities, else take certified copy of documents filed with application for registration of vehicle. This may be of help regarding any discrepancy. Also, You may initiate a consumer case against the insurance company. You may ask for your document for insurance policy through RTI also. It is os quite possible that you might have filed same document for id proof and address proof at both places.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer