• Heir to my grandfather's property

actually my father and mother got divided when i was 1 year old and am the only sun to my parents. but my parents have not taken divorce. my father was giving maintanance my mother. 
the thing is that  as my father is the owener of his property. and i am not asking any of his properties belonginges but am i the person who is the Heir of my grand fathers property

please let me know
Asked 2 years ago in Family Law from banglore, Karnataka
you can definetly claim your share from ancestral property of your grand father
Has your grand father left any ancestral property? If yes, then you have every right to claim it by filing a case for partition in court.
Your claim for partition will not sustain in court unless you have all the relevant documents thereof to prove your right in the property. If you do not have them in your possession then seek the assistance of a lawyer in finding the same from the registrar's office.
if you do not know about any property then how are you going to find it
you are entitled for a share in your grand father property. however there is no such procedure to find properties. you have to enquire the same in the concerned revenue office or the sub registrar office.
Ananth Kumar
if your grand father left any will bequeathing property to you then you can say that you are entitled to said property . if your grand father died intestate and said  property is self acquired property of your grand father you wont have any share in said property
not an issue you are entitled for a share in so far as the property of yourgrand father is concerned.
Ananth Kumar
if your grand father died without any will on his death  your father as sole legal heir would inherit all the properties ( i presume your father does not have any bothers and sisters) 

your mother has right to claim right to stay in matrimonial home or can ask for alternative accomodation under DV act from your father . . she can also claim maintenance from your father . you cannot claim permanent accomodation from your father . you can only request him . you are working and earning Rs 18,000 a month . you dont have any rights on said property . only if your father dies without any will would you and your mother inherit his property
If the properties were purchased/constructed by your grand father then after his demise your father inherited all his properties. You have no right in these properties unless the right is vested in you by your father in accordance with law.

At first you should find out whether the properties are ancestral or self acquired of your grand father. If they are ancestral then you have an equal share therein which you may cull out by moving court and filing for property division.