• Mental torture of in laws

Hello, I married 6 yrs back and having 3 daughters. From last 5 yrs my in-laws insulting me that I am housewife, I don't earn. They are forcing me not to contact your parents don't meet them don't talk to them. Once my mother in law slapped me too and father in law use very hars words towards me. Even giving birth 2 daughter they used to give mental torture to me.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

12 Answers

the moment your mother in law slaps you and beats you just leave home silently and walk to towards your local police station and lodge a complaint of 498A against your husband, mother in law, and father in law. It will work wonders and ask the police to take you to hospital for check up after getting beating from in laws.

Detailed discussion is necessary

Aveek Bose
Advocate, Kolkata
1222 Answers
9 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

File a criminal complaint against the in laws with the CAW cell(mahila police station) for domestic violence and cruelty. the police shall register the case against them.

Further if husband is also involved you can add his name too.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Why don`t file complain against them to police, at least police will issue prohibition order, violation of which will land them in jail.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

File DV case against in laws , husband

2) seek alternative accommodation from husband

3) maintenance for your self and 3 daughters

4) also seek protection order

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87895 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

First try to settle your matter through mediation. they may be your parents/family members & your Wife family members.

Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution and is a way of resolving disputes between two or more parties..

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19029 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Lodge FIR in police station in whose jurisdiction you reside under sections 498A of IPC. You can also file divorce under section 13 of hindu marriage act on the ground of cruelty.

Abhilasha Wanmali
Advocate, Nagpur
1022 Answers
1 Consultation

4.8 on 5.0

Have you filed any complaint against your in laws if not you can give a complaint against them in police station as well as women protection and child welfare officer

Konda Srinivas
Advocate, Hyderabad
211 Answers
2 Consultations

Not rated


file a complaint against your in-laws and husband for cruelty and domestic violence.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13754 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a case of domestic violence against your in-laws and seek protection order from the Court.

At any time your in-laws or your husband repeats their atrocious behaviour against you, you must dial women power helpline 1090 and register a FIR against your in-laws and husband under section 498a and other relevant sections of IPC.

I will suggest you to contact a local lawyer.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Please immediately contact the local police station and file a complaint of domestic violence against your in-laws.

Also, you can write a complaint to the National Commission for Women, Delhi detailing your ordeal. This will further help your case and will also be cost effective.

Shekhar Banerjee
Advocate, Delhi
156 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

If their tortures are beyond tolerance, you may complain about this to your husband and ask him to initiate some steps so that your in law do not indulge in such activities in future or else you can file a DV case against them both for the reasons that you may rely upon.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78050 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You may file a case of domestic violence and 498A against the in-laws by calling police on 1090. This is not message for every lady to go out and work.

You have right to live in your matrimonial house with dignity and need not to suffer the tourture.

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer