• Grandmother's property

Hello sir,
 My grandmother has 40 kanal agriculture land.my father have one brother and 3 sisters.
His brother died few years back.we were living in different houses.so my granny went there to my aunts house to look after her.my aunt has one son.after 10 years he took my grannys land from her and made registery on his own name by saying that he will always look after her needs.bt within one month he and his mother beaten her and removed  her from his house.now she is living with us,means with his other son.
Now my granny has applied application to sdm office in our district Fazilka,punjab.to took her land back.
My granny had 25 tola gold left there when they removed her from house  they are not giving that gold too.we also made FIR against him for gold from my granny's  side on her demand.
Please give me suggestion about the whole procedure ,what can we do to take that land and gold back.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Fazilka, Punjab
your grand mother should make an application before maintenance of senior citizens act for setting aside gift deed made in favour of grand son and for return of her gold . she should also file criminal complaint of cheating , criminal breach of trust against her grand son . 

in the alternative she should move civil court for declaration that gift deed made in respect of 40 kanal agricultural land is null and void and for setting aside gift deed on account of fraud and undue influence . I presume your grand mother is illiterate.
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45760 Answers
2693 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

she can definetly an application for setting a side gift deed,recently in delhi a 83 your lady professor has been given back the property which she gave as gift to somebody
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Gift deed can be cancelled by only civil court. Your grand mother has to move the civil court at Fazilka for the cancellation of gift deed which she made in favour of her nephew under coercion.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer