• OBC non-creamy layer

My salary is 30000 pm and my father is group c govt employee having a salary of 55000 .will I be considered in creamy layer or can I get obc ncl certificate. My age is 25 years.
Asked 2 years ago in Civil Law from South West Delhi, Delhi

You will get the benefit of OBC NCL and as such will get the benefit of reservation since the income of your fayher falls below the ceiling as provided by the government.

The Supreme Court has held that an individual candidate's income was not required to be clubbed with the income of the parents for the purpose of determining "creamy layer" to exclude a person of backward class from the benefits of reservation.

Only parents income be considered for deciding creamy layer:SC - The Economic Times-https://m.economictimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/only-parents-income-be-considered-for-deciding-creamy-layersc/articleshow/44804329.cms?utm_source=AMPusers&utm_medium=whatsappshare&utm_campaign=socialsharebutton

Yes you shall be eligible for the OBC NCL as first your salary will not be considered only parents income secondly in case of Govt employees the salary is not considered only the Post is seen since he is C group employee you shall get befit.

No Sir SC has clearly held that in case of OBC NCL computation income of the candidate himself shall not be considered.

Your income is not considered in determine OBC NL status

2) since your father is group C govt employee you woukd be entitled to OBC NL status

2017 it was 6 lakhs per year of income of both father & mother.

But now it is raised to 8 lakhs per year. And also children of A & B grade officers,scientists,engineers,doctors,politician(M.P,MLA,President,P.M,etc) and others who are considered as top positions.And irrigated land per square if it is large no. is also included.

Sudhindra Bhat

1. You can apply for a OBC NCL certificate from the appropriate authority.

2. You come under OBC NCL category since your parental yearly income is less than Rs.8 lakhs

Your earning is not clubbed with your parental earnings in the instant case.

Yes you are entitled for OBC NCL certificate as it’s calculations are done on the basis of parental income only.

Ruchit Dugar

But I am also earning 30000 pm. That's not an issue?

Your income is not included.

Ruchit Dugar

No your not coming under non creamy layer .... Your parent is earning well already ...

Nishant Bhadoria
Advocate, delhi

Since your father is a group c employee, you call in the NCL OBC category and eligible for the certificate.

Dear,

As you mentioned that your father's salary is 55000/- pm.

It is below than 800000/-. So you are in non creamy layer.

Your salary is not included when non creamy layer decided.

Tarun Agarwal

No as your family income is more than 8 lakhs PA then you can't take the benefits of NCL

Your salary income will not be considered while computing the annual income of the family to decide about the OBC NCL category for concessions.

Moreover since your father is a government employee, his salary will not be taken into account for calculating the annual income of the family.

But I am also earning 30000 pm. That's not an issue.

Your income or employment status will not be taken into consideration for issuing a certificate under OBC NCL category

You eligible for OBC NCL certificate as your father is a grade c Government employee.

Siddharth Jain

A. No. Your income is not considered for Eligibility of NCL certificate. Only your parent's income is considered.

Siddharth Jain