• Divorce

My wife is not staying with me properly. SHe always wish to go to her father home frequently. If she goes to her father home she comes after 3 months. Presently she is at her father's home from last 3 months. She giving more importance to her father than me. Can i file divorce case on her due to her attitude?
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Divorce, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
Yes you can file for divorce against on the ground of cruelty. Staying away from the matrimonial house for as long as 3 months amounts to cruelty upon the husband. You can thus file for divorce against her. 

Alternatively you can also file a case for resumption of conjugal duties against her and the court would order her to return to her matrimonial home.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23888 Answers
667 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I agree with Mr. Devessar.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer