• Torture from money lender

Hi Team,
I had taken 1.72 Lacs from one of my friends. I took this in June 2013. Now  from past 3 months he is torturing me to give back the money. I said i will give you in installments. He is not agreeing. There was no bank transactions for 1.72 lacs. He has tortured me to the most now. He spoke to many friends of mine and said things which are not true and people just believed him and lost all the relationships. I have given him from past 3 months 1.1lacs. I have a transfer history for 90000 and rest 20000 i have given him the amount in hand. Still he is calling and torturing saying bad things about my family and friends which i cannot explain here.I am really frustrated by his actions. He is now saying to give the interest also and which we had not talked about or no agreements done for it. It was purely on friendship bases. Now i will be giving him the rest of 62000 soon. But he is asking me for interest and that too 7lacs which is unreasonable. He has spoilt my life and relations in my life. I am really frustrated with his SMSes and asking interest. What do i do now. Should i have to approach the lawyer? Note: He is from a political background and i feel that he might bag the police and lawyers for this. Please advise me the further actions.
Asked 2 years ago in Criminal Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
do not worry,let him go to the court or file a complaint against you ,and then give a proper reply in court
you have to simply tell him that you do not owe any amount to him and if you want you can give a complaint in writing in local police station mentioning all the facts
do not worry so much,start this and i will keep on advising you for all the problem coming in future,do not worry so much for the event which has  not yet happen
my pleasure
You must stay calm and watch what he do and just keep proof of your payment ready , if he go to PS and lodge complaint against you then submitt your proof of payment before concerened Authorities.
Soumya   Kundu
Interest of 7 lacs for a principal amount of 1.72 lacs? Is he in his senses? 

You should repay the remaining amount of loan in consonance with highest principles of morality in public life even though no agreement was made between both of you whereby and whereunder the loan was advanced, but if there was no oral promise with respect to payment of interest then do not pay a single penny over and above the principal amount of loan he advanced to you. If he is spreading falsehood about you through a smear campaign then you may bring legal action for defamation against him and seek damages.
He may be having links with tonnes of politicians including the Prime Minister, but none will work to his advantage in a court of law. Judiciary is not subject to the influence of politicians.
Thanks for appreciation.
Dear QUERIST
HE CAN BE FILED A CIVIL SUIT FOR RECOVERY AGAINST YOU ONLY BEFORE THE CIVIL COURT AND HE WILL NEVER WIN THIS CASE SO NO NEED TO WORRY.