• Procedure to transfer RTC to my name after 12 years of buying agri land


Its been 12 years since i bought agri land in anekal taluk. I want to change the RTC to my name.

What is the procedure ? Can i do it by myself ?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

3 answers received in 2 hours.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

10 Answers

Applying to tehsildaar office for mutation in revenue record, annex copy of sale deed.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Yes you can do it by yourself or can take help of local advocate to help you with procedure.

You have to make an application for RTC or pahani before the Revenue officer//Tehsildar/ deputy in prescribed format along with the copy of sale deed.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

you have to make application for mutation of land in your name

2) enclose copy of sale deed . affidavit in support

3) latest receipt of payment of property taxes

4) if no objections are received mutation would be done in your name

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87947 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

This is my response to you:

1. Yes you can do it yourself and you can do it online;

2. Please see the website: https://landrecords.karnataka.gov.in/service0/ ;

3. If there is any problem make sure you make a grievance of the same.

Gowaal Padavi
Advocate, Mumbai
1920 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. you will have to make an application to the revenue authority

2. submit your registered sale deed alongwith proof of payment of outgoings like land revenue, property taxes etc

3. the authority may require you to issue a public notice in newspapers inviting objections from public against mutation of the land in your name

4. if no objections are received then on basis of the documents submitted by you alongwith any other additional affidavit required by the authority, the land will be transferred to your name in revenue records

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6882 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A. You have to submit copy of the Sale Deed, ID Proof, Latest RTC, Previous MR copy, Encumbrance Certificate (EC transaction since 12 years towards agricultural land) Land revenue payment reciept (optional) before Tahsildar Office, Anekal.

B. Tahsildar may ask reason (by excising discretionary power) for delay to get Mutation in favour your name and you can file an affidavit or memo for the reason.

C. But the said Agricultural land shall not be converted from agricultural to non agricultural purpose.

D. As we aware, most of the officer would expect bribe to complete the task irrespective of documents availability and delay.

B.T. Ravi
Advocate, Bangalore
943 Answers
96 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Mutation is the change of title ownership from one person to another when the property is sold or transferred. By mutating a property, the new owner gets the property recorded on his name in the land revenue department and the government is able to charge property tax from the rightful owner. The documentation procedure and the fee payable vary from state to state.

You'll have to file an application for mutation to the Tehsildar.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5930 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Following documents are required for mutation:

1.Copy of Sale Deed

2.Application for mutation with court fee stamp affixed on it

3.Indemnity bond on stamp paper of requisite value

4.Affidavit on stamp paper of requisite value

5.Receipt of up-to-date property tax payment.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5930 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

Yes, to some extent. You must file a representation before the Tahasildar concerned. He can transfer but since there is a gap of 12 years he may not invite any risk. So he issues an endorsement to approach the Asst. Commissioner (Revenue). Then you must file appeal under section 136(2) of Karantaka Land Revenue Act, 1964. Law is as follows.


136. Appeal and Revision.—(1) The provisions of Chapter V shall not

apply to any decision or order under this Chapter.

(2) Any person affected by an order made under sub-section (4) or an

entry certified under sub-section (6) of section 129 may, within a period of

sixty days from the date of communication of the order or the knowledge of

the entry certified, appeal to such officer as may be prescribed by the State

Government in this behalf and his decision shall be final.

(3) The Deputy Commissioner may, on his own motion or on application

of a party, call for and examine any records made under section 127 and

section 129 and pass such orders as he may deem fit:

Provided that no order shall be passed except after hearing the party who

would be adversely affected by such order.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

You can approach the concerned revenue department with an application for transfer of RTC to your name.

You will be informed abut further formalities to be complied in this regard.

After complying with the requirements you may get the records transferred to your name.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78104 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer