• A girl cheated me, married someone else, came back and again cheated me and then left

Hi all,
I am in huge mental problem right now. A year back i came across a girl whose Roka has been done with another man. Initially we were friends but after sometime we liked each other and decided to marry. She decided to break the earlier engagement with another man. We had been physical also (not intercourse) before her marriage. But things turned worse and she married the original guy and left me. She came after 3 months of marriage to me and said that i still want to marry you but can not marry as her family will face problems. So she promised me to give her 6 months and after that she will tell her decision. Also she told me that she has no physical relation with her husband till then. So i agreed and gave her time. But after 4 months she told me that i have physical relations with my husband earlier and you can go now. I told her why did not you tell me the truth before. She cheated me since start and used me like a trash. Since start i spent around 3 lakhs on her. Forget money as i loved that girl like anything i got mentally too disturbed. I told a few things to her mother (she is in POLICE) but she begged to me and at the same time gave me threat of legal action if i tell anything to anyone. I want to tell everything to her husband but i am afraid that what legal actions can be taken against me. Also what legal action can her mother take against me as she is police. I have proofs of her being physical with me before marriage in whats app messages and her after marriage commitments to me in audio recordings.
I would be really grateful if anyone can advise me on the same. If possible also provide your number. I will contact you asap. Thanks in advance...
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

9 Answers

If you feel you've been taken advantage of and cheated badly by your ex gf, you can file a criminal complaint against the girl and her mother was criminal intimidation, criminal breach of trust fraud and cheating under section 503/406/420/415 of the Indian Penal Code.

It's not advisable to contact her husband as he can file a criminal complaint against you for adultery under 497 of the Indian Pebal Code, wherein there is no punishment for women for such offence.

Feel free to contact.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5928 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Under no circumstances should you inform her husband about his wife extra marital affair

2) he would file case of adultery against you under section 497 of IPC

3) no case of adultery is maintainable against wife as she is regarded as victim

4) husband would also file for divorce against his wife and make you co Respondent in divorce case

5) forget the girl and move on in life

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87911 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) You can put fraud case against her and mentioned in that 3 lakhs rupees had been spent on her plus her mother has threatened you.

2) If you want to talk with me can contact.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0


At this stage she being a girl may file number of false cases against you so that you do not open your mouth and you may note that legally no wrong has been done by that girl.

I would advise you to forget all this and move forward, there is no point in exposing yourself to criminal system.


You may talk to us after booking a phone consultation.

Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sir first thing don't tell husband anything as if husband come to know he can file a adultery case against you and under Indian law only man are prosecuted for adultery the women are treated as victims.

Further you can put case of cheating and breach of trust that on promise of marriage she has taken 3 lakh from you.

See to overcome they can put false allegations on you and this can create further trouble it's better to forget her move on with life. You of wish can peruse case of cheating against her.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You are free to disclose what had transpired in between you and this girl to her husband, but I will suggest you to move on in your life instead of spilling the bean. What has been done cannot be undone, and by spilling the bean, one more life will be spoilt(husband's).

Having said the above, you are free to take recourse to legal remedies.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


Why are you behaving like a kid,grow up man.2 times you got pain in this relationship

and again you want same things. You already spend so much time and money on that

girl. My advise for you is clear that leave her and her family if you really love her. Focus

on your career and your family. If you not hear my advise then you and that girl face deep

trouble in future. There are so many section's in IPC against this so beware and leave her.

Tarun Agarwal
Advocate, Jaipur
769 Answers
3 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Neither her mother nor her husband can take any action agaisnt you in this regard since they do not have any proof for your acts of adultery with her or the extra marital affairs with her.

But being a police woman, she amy use her criminal brain to foist false cases on some other subject and get you trapped in serious offences too, hence it is advisable that you get rid of this at the earliest possible and do not ever contact the girl knowing her to be a cheat, she may utilise the chance to ruin anyone's life for the sake of her own pleasures. Better be aware and away from her.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78070 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You don't have to worry you don't do any Complaint now. Till she is married she will not file any case against you. As her marriage will go bad. You don't believe her henceforth. Don't keep contact with her. Just keep all the evidence intact with you. You can take a telephonic consultation through kanoon

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27245 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer