• Temple in a housing society

there is an illegal constructed temple in our housing society of 400 members. The temple stands in the compound of our club house and the same is at a distance of approx 10 mtrs from our flat . Every day evening a few women gather there and do bhajans. they beat the instruments & sing loudly. This continues approximately for 2 hrs. Due to this commotion my daughter is unable to study during this time. Is there a law to prevent such incidents in a housing society ? They due this in the name of religion and god. I ma not against religion or god but this should be stopped as it is just to satisfy their personal needs.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Ahmedabad, Gujarat
you can file a complaint to registrar of societies in this regard and at the same time give a complaint in writing to DCP of your area reg the nuisance created by these women
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

if no permission was obtained for construction of temple from muncipal corporation construction of temple is illegal . file an RTI application with municipal  corporation as to whether any permission was granted for construction of temple . corporation can demolish the illegal construction made
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47925 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

On what basis do you say the temple has illegally been constructed? Was the requisite permission from municipal corporation not obtained prior to construction? Has the magnitude of temple exceeded the one sanctioned by corporation? If you are not sure of whether permission was obtained from corporation or not then you should first ascertain this fact. In this regard RTI will be a good tool. 

Even if the temple has illegally been constructed you can obtain from the court a stay order against the beating of instruments and loud recitation of bhajans so that it does not create a tremor in the serenity of your daughter and also other inhabitants in the housing society.  

If the temple has illegally been constructed then you may move court for demolition of the illegal structure.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer