• Flat Registration stay

My sister's husband was on intra company transfer tier-2 visa in UK & my sister was working there on dependent visa. meanwhile her husband got sponshership in UK only & he got got new visa, but he kept all these secret from my sister & he didn't renewed my sister's visa because he don't want to take responsibility of her unborn child & herself. Now he forced her to quit the job & forcing her to come back to India. My whole family is shattered & we don't know what to do please advice us.
He has booked one flat also in Bangalore that is under construction  still not registered but he has not mentioned my sister's name as cobuyer. can we hold that flat from getting registered until some final decision comes.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
what exactly do you want,do you want maintenance from your husband or do you want criminal proceedgings against your husband,all option are open for you
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

your sister can complain against her husband in Uk if she has been a victim of domestic violence . inquiry will be conducted on basis of her complaint and her husband would be warned not to repeat such acts in future . she may get visa on her own accord based on report given by the counsellor . the fact that her husband has dumped her when she is pregnant will go against him . she should refuse to come back to india  and fight it out in UK 

her husband is not bound to buy flat in joint names . if he as spent money on purchase of flat it need not be in joint names .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47766 Answers
2833 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since your sister is still in UK she may seek protection under UK law. The legal framework in UK will cater to protect her rights. She does not have to bow down to her husband's demand of returning to India. If she is being coerced to quit the job and return to India then she should file a complaint against her husband after adequate consultation with a UK lawyer. She may proceed under UK law to obligate her husband to provide her financial support, if required.

As regards the flat at Bangalore, if the purchase price has been paid by her husband then your sister has no right to seek a stay order from a court of law. He cannot be compelled to register the flat under his and your sister's joint ownership. He can register it exclusively in his own name.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer