• OBC NCL category

My mother is Grade A Nurse salary more than 8lakh and my father is farmer. Do I come under OBC non creamy layer category?
Asked 4 years ago in Labour

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

1) No, You won't come under OBC NCL certificate category.

At what age, she promoted to Grade A, if after 40 than non creamy & father income should be less than 8 lacs and no other income.

If your annual family income ( government salary and agricultural income) is more than Rs. 8 lakhs in all the last three years then you are creamy layer.

- If the annual income is less then Rs. 8 lakhs for any one of the three years you are a non-creamy layer.

- Definition of family- Father, Mother & minor children below 18 years

Since, your Mother is Grade A Nurse and getting more than 8 Lakh , then legally you are not eligible for the benefit of OBC NCL reservation.

Mohammed Shahzad

See below example of grade 2 and 3 than also they both are eligible for obc ncl certificate.

If your parents are working as teachers in Government aided school please check whether they are graded staffs or not. If graded check whether both of them are in class 2 or else in class 3. You will fall under Creamy layer only if both of them are getting class 2 pay scale.

Income of Last three Consecutive years will be checked. If anyone of the year is below 8 lakhs it is enough to get qualified for OBC Non-creamy layer status.

You won't come under OBC non creamy layer category since your total family income exceeds 8 lakhs INR per year.

Siddharth Jain

is your mother employed in govt hospital ?

2) if your mother is working for govt hospital then you would fall under OBC cremay layer as mother is recruited as Group A category and would be class I officer

you would fall under creamy layer and not entitled to reservation

Than no.

The total annual family income should not be exceeding 8 lakhs per annum for seeking benefits of NCL OBC status

Is your mother A grade officer as necessarily A grade nurse is not a grade A officer so you can get befit of obc ncl clarifying that which class officer your other is.

In my view you can get the obc ncl benifit as A grade nurse is not class I officer.

Since your mother is a Grade A Nurse, i am assuming that she is a government employee. You would come under OBC non creamy layer catergory however since the income is more than 8 lakhs, you will not be entitled for any reservation.

Shaveta Sanghi

Since you exceeded the creamy layer limit fixed by the government, you are not entitled to reliefs/benefits particularly meant for the OBC category.

SHRI GOPAL VERMA

ADVOCATE ON RECORD

SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

Shri Gopal Verma

If grade A nurse falls under the category of class I group A, if she was promoted to this position after the age of40 years, then you are eligible for OBC NCL category concession.

In that case you will not get the benefit of OBC NCL category.