• Schedule caste certificate issued from delhi sdm office for minor on behalf of his father

Dear sir, Please help me on this. I am residing in delhi since 2011 having voter card issued in delhi in 2011 and schedule cast issued from uttar pradesh. I applied for sc certificate of my son who is born in delhi 2011 having his birth certificate issued from NDMC and adhar card issued in delhi for the same. I got his certificate from SDM office of delhi but his certificate is issued on my credentials and stating that on behalf of me and BELONGS TO CASTE OF UTTAR PRADESH. MY caste is listed in Delhi and Uttar pradesh as Schedule caste i am not understanding why it is showing in my son's certificate "belongs to caste of uttar pradesh". Is that mean he will not be eligible to get any advantage of Delhi State like admission in school-collage and state quota reservation for further studies in delhi. Please let me know if he attend the adult age then possibility to get New Schedule Caste Certificate of delhi state. In recent, Department of education delhi stated that the person who have schedule caste certificate of delhi will be eligible for admissions under Disadvantage Group for their children, other than delhi state certificates will not be entertained in any circumstances. I have another son who is 3 years old have birth certificate adhar card of delhi state and want his sc certificate for admissions. Can i get his certificate of Delhi State on behalf of his brother's certificate to take admissions under DG quota. His mother have Delhi State Schedule Caste certificate, can i apply on behalf of her certificate to get my son's certificate that can be beneficial to take admission in delhi under state quota. What is the use of Domicile certificate of delhi state, am i eligible for domicile and income certificate of delhi state having Voter Id Bank Passbook of Delhi state and staying since 2011. The main concern is i want my son's admission in delhi state school under DG or EWS quota thatswhy i want his documents ready before admission starts. Please help me, I will be very thanks full to you.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

7 Answers

Firstly, sir, it is with regard to a each and every specific state in terms of their own rules only in regard to the OBC where the state plus central act keeps in mind for determining the eligibility criteria.

Secondly, though as per the law with respect to issuance of SC and ST certificates, it is only father on whose basis the child may get the benefit.

Thirdly, and yes if the father is having the certificate in X state then same would be given to the child but not in other state.

Fourthly, by making an application you can get that mistake corrected in the SDMs office.

Fifthly, for getting admission in schools and colleges there is no stringent law which says that you can’t get admission in the state for where your certificate doesn’t hold value.

Sixthly, it is only made once in a lifetime but you can take copy of the same if lost it.

Rest you can consult me through Kanoon for detail discussion over phone, so that I may also be able to help you with the making of the application also.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can get SC certificate on your younger son who is 3 year old has Delhi SC certificate on that basis Delhi Authority should issue SC certificate or you can get updated on his certificate from only Uttar Pradesh Caste. That can be removed or erase and insert only SC caste certificate.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Your son certificate has been issued on basis of your certificate

Hence it is mentioned that your son is entitled to SC certificate from UP

2) you have stayed in Delhi only for 7 years hence you don’t have domincle of Delhi

3) The SC, ST, OBC applicants will have to prove with the help of their documents and through the witnesses that they belong from the reserved quota and having their permanent address in Delhi.

4) Candidate will have to note that they should having their name local electoral list with voter id proof from where they are going to apply for caste certificate of sc st obc. The applicants will also have to note that the only citizens who are living in Delhi from year 1993 can apply for the caste proof in Delhi.

5) your children would not be entitled to SC certificate from Delhi

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87899 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

If you are residing in Delhi for more than 10 years you will be entitled for Domicile certificate and also entitled for castes certificate of Delhi State. The present certificate appears to have been issued with an understanding and indication that you are permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh State. Get your caste certificate changed or approach High Court for appropriate direction to the Concerned Authority/SDM.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Since basically you belonged to UP and the records say that you belong to SC community on the list of UP, your son also belongs to your community, hence the certificate given to your son is based on your community only.

This is also a valid certificate which cannot be said to be not valid anywhere for the education or future employment purpose.

The community certificate given by a competent authority is very much valid since it is issued as per the rules in vogue.

Your fears are unnecessary, hence shed it out.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78057 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

It may be clerical mistake. Try to get once again.

Jaswant Singh
Advocate, Gurugram
926 Answers
2 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Yes you can apply for the same as mentioned above

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27232 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer