• Caretakers of my house used the address for their Aadhar cards without my permission

Hello, I had given my property to caretakers to look after and recently it came to my knowledge that they have used my property address for Aadhar Cards of theirs and their children. So in address column of their Aadhar cards it displays my address. This has been done without any intimation to me or seeking any permission from my side. 
Thus I want to take strict action against them for using my address illegally. They can use this document later for any illegal purpose so I do not desire my property address to be used. Please advise me what legal action should be taken and how should I complain this matter to UIDAI. 
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

9 Answers

You can issue a legal notice to your caretakers about this and ask them to restrain from using your address for any reason with immediate forthwith.

After that you can file an injunction suit against them to vacate your property and also to restrain from interfering into your possession and enjoyment of the property.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78104 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

See first of all the intention of care taker might be not wrong but then also your concern is right you can issue a legal notice to the tenant calling upon to change address instantly and furnish proof of same as he has without authorization used your address for government identity car purpose which can be used as address proof in some circumstances.

Write a letter imitating the regional UDAI authority of this irregularity as the person registering adhaar has registered there adhaar without taking valid address proof from them so they will have it in knowledge can take appropriate steps further this will be proof to secure yourself if in future there is any problem.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you can issue legal notice to caretaker to vacate your premises

2) if they refuse file suit for eviction against the trespassers

3) The Supreme Court, in Behram Tejani vs. Azeem Jagani, has reiterated that a person holding the premises gratuitously or in the capacity as a caretaker or a servant would not acquire any right or interest on the property and even long possession in that capacity would be of no legal consequence

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87947 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir

It is case of breach of trust. You can initiate civil and criminal actions. Please take possession and issue notices to the concerned to cancel the same.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Firstly, I would like to advice you to lodge an online complain to the UIDAI.

Secondly, and also a written complain by post.

Thirdly, in both complains request then to cancel their Aadhar on your address, and take strict action on them.

Fourthly, you can also lodge a complain in police station for forgery against them if want them to stringently punished.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

By using the EID a resident can approach UIDAI Contact Centre on following channels.

Contact Centre Details

Voice – 1947

Email - [deleted]

Resident portal - File a Complaint

UIDAI Grievance Redressal

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12338 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. As per a Supreme Court judgement a caretaker when called upon by the owner to vacate, has to handover the possession of the premises which he is caretaking to the owner

2. Many people illegally attempt to have their names recorded in Aadhar cards and have it issued at an address which is not of their ownership

3. However mere reflection of address on the aadhar card does not give any ownership title to the caretaker. But certain dishonest people try to set up the claim of adverse possession against the true owner and claim title over the property

4. You need not worry since the caretaker cannot claim that since his aadhar shows the address of your property, he has title to the same

5. But nevertheless it is always better to have the caretakers services terminated.

6. You can write at the address mentioned on the UIDAI website informing that the caretaker no more resides in your property. This would be for record

Yusuf Rampurawala
Advocate, Mumbai
6882 Answers
79 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

The UIDAI has provided residents with portals through which they can voice their complaints as well as inquiries on anything related to Aadhaar.The UIDAI has outlined Aadhar helpline numbers through which residents can contact their regional UIDAI offices to lodge their Aadhaar complaints and inquiries.

Chandigarh [deleted] - [deleted] ---

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

You can file a Complaint to the nearest police station about the same. You can file a written Complaint to uidai and pray for cancellation of the said adhar cards.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27275 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer