• Lawyer to help file property tax and Khata


I own an apartment in Bangalore. I completed the registration of the apartment in late 2013. Since the registration was complete I have not been in India and have been unable to file my property tax and do a Khatta on my apartment. I was hoping to find a lawyer who could file the taxes with penalty on my behalf and also help me complete my Khatta process for a reasonable lawyer fee.

Thank you!

Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Canada
1. You have bought the property not sold it and hence you have not attracted any capital gain tax.

2. For buying the property you are not addled with any extra tax burden though you can show the payment in the ITR details.
3. I believe you are already a Income Tax payee and  need to only go for mutation of the flat.

 4. Any local person having such experience can make the mutation on your behalf. It does not require a lawyer.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
12502 Answers
160 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) once  sale deed has been executed duly stamped and registered you are the absolute owner of flat . 

2)for mutation of flat in revenue records you have to approach muncipal corporation . 

3) you can execute  POA in favour of any relative in this regard .

4) your relative can approach local lawyer for guidance in this regard . 

5) we have 9 lawyers in kannoon.com from bangalore . contact any of them for further guidance
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
44206 Answers
2562 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, i can help you in this matter you can contact me.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4528 Answers
202 Consultations

4.3 on 5.0

1. After the registration of the apartment you became the absolute owner of the flat.

2. To initiate and complete the process of mutation you do not require a lawyer, albeit you may engage one if you want to.

3. Mutation is to be carried out in the office of corporation.

4. If it is not possible for you to come to India then you may execute a POA in favour of any of your relatives to do the needful.

5. Many Bangalore based lawyers are on this portal and you may contact any of them.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22958 Answers
631 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Your problem is that you  have not been able to file hour property tax and do a Khatta on your apartment,

2. This is not a major issue at all,

3. Contact a local lawyer through this site or by google search to enter your name in the khata and also file property tax return for and on your behalf alongwith property tax.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18100 Answers
438 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer