Want to get divorced from my wife !!!!
I am a Merchant naval officer married to a dentist. We are married for four years as of now.it was an arrange marriage through a matrimonial site.
My wife has left the matrimonial house when she was 3 months pregnant on the pretext of meeting her parents who reside in Agra(U.P) for 10 days but did not turn up till date. We are staying separately for past 6 Months and no contact has been maintained. She delivered her child and no information regarding the same has been given to me. After 6 months of separation i asked her what does she wants..? when is she going to come back..? but she hasn't replied to any of my questions.
In view of the above, i dont feel her intentions are good and she might create a problem for me and my family. Also her father is very much active in politics and influential person.
During these 4 years of marriage we have argued/ fought a lot. we had even decided to part ways, but some how we patched up.
My worry is:
1. What should i do in case she files dv u/s 498/a ( I had already installed CCTV cameras in common places of house while she was there as a preventive measure)
2. What should i do if she files a false Dowry case? ( We have not taken any dowry, and what ever gifts the bride side had given at the time of marriage is on video recording. which we are ready to return back)
3. How much alimony she can ask for). Pls note she is a Dentist and has done MBA(Hr) too. But she i not working off lately. Though she use to work before pregnancy.
4. Can she confiscate my passport, as i wont be able to earn my bread n butter without my passport.
5. She has lot of issues with my mom and aunt, what harm she can cause to them, she is putting an allegation that they wanted the child to be aborted...which is totally fake.
6. I did her medical check up prior leaving the matrimonial house, will that be of any advantage, check up was done by consulting gynecologist in her private hospital. reports were fine.
7. We were even doing marriage counselling during this time, but she left that incomplete too and left the house. I have some audio recordings of the sessions.
8. Shall i file a complaint under section 9, and how its gonna help me? I dont wish to continue with her.
9. Last but not the least, if i contest divorce how long will it take to get the decree, taking into consideration the worst scenario??
Kindly guide me through.
Asked 4 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra