• House partition

My grandmother s have house we lived in that past 40yrs and my big mother is living separate in another house which is given by my grandpa to her and we bullied a house in our house in second building we invest 20 to 50 lava on that now my big mother s son wants share on our property which was registered on my mothers name, she,s son is wanting share in that we don't agreed for that how we got our house from him if it is possible
Asked 3 years ago in Property Law from Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh
1. Please mention how the property came into the hands of your mother.

2. If the same is done through registered deed of gift/sale then your mother is its absolute owner and no one can claim share in it.

3. however if any of your relatives try to cause disturbance then you can file a suit for mandatory injunction.
Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
13137 Answers
174 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Firstly, it is not clear to me what do you mean by ''big mother''.

2. It is also not clear as to by which instrument of transfer of property your grand father transferred the ownership of the property to your mother. 

3. If the property has been transferred to your mother in accordance with the law then she is the absolute owner thereof. During her life time even her husband and children, let alone the son of your 'big mother', have no share therein. 

4. If an attempt is made to usurp her property then she can seek a stay order from the court.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23122 Answers
640 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) your query is lacking in details 

2) what do you mean  by  big mother? 

3) how was property transferred in name of your mother? 

4) if property transferred by grand father in favour of mother by gift deed she is absolute owner of property . 

4) other relatives cannot claim any share in said property . 

5) if they try to disturb possession move court for declaration that your mother is absolute owner of the house and for stay
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
46716 Answers
2764 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, how the property come to your mother by way of gift or will if the property was gifted to your mother then she is the absolute owner of the property.

2. But your query is not clear pls give correct information so that we can advise you accordingly.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4561 Answers
204 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

1. Was the title of the house conveyed in the name of your mother through a Conveyance Deed?

2.  Was the said conveyance deed registered in the name of your mother?

3. If, yes then your mother is the absolute owner of the said property and no body can lay a claim there upon,

4. If there was no such deed registered, the the said property is open to be claimed by other legal heirs of your grandmother.
Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
18752 Answers
453 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer