• Recovering money

My sister had invested some money in Guru Teak Investment in my name. After the maturity we received a acknowledgement from them that the maturity amount Rs.12500/ + within 6 months during feb 2012. 

She hadn't told me earlier on this as the company gets into some issue. I came to know that recently and trying to contact their office in Bangalore and they are closed without any contact information.

I heard that in other city (like Mysore), there are lawyers dealing with this issue on some commission basis. I am okay for any option to recover as much as possible from them.

Please let me know the / help me to move in right direction to recover this hard earned money of my sister.

Narasimha Rao
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from Bangalore, Karnataka
issue notice to guru teak investment for recovery of maturity amount of rs 12,500 .send it at its registered office . file criminal complaint of cheating , criminal breach of trust against the company and its directors . however please note that  if you adopt a legal approach your legal fees would be more than amount involved
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45700 Answers
2688 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Issue a legal notice to the company at its last known address for recovery of money. If the notice is not complied with then file a case for money recovery in the court of District Civil Judge. In a legal action for recovery of money you may in addition to principal amount, also claim the amount spent on availing the services of your lawyer. Once a court of law passes an order for recovery it can be enforced against the company.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

nothing left to add, well advised by experts
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4867 Answers
222 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer