• Cheating, forgery, and impersonation case

We are in need of working capital loan for survival of business. We approached many banks, Government schemes and financial institutes. They have not approved our application on eligibility of age criteria. Meanwhile I received a call from Mr. Saurabh Kapoor from Power Finance Company. (Mobile no: [deleted] -. 9/3/18). He told that they are agents for assisting in getting business loan approved from “Pradhan Mantri Employment generation program (PMEGP). They give loan @4% interest and 35% subsidy. 
We decided to go ahead and submitted the required form to him for further processing of our loan of ₹ 15 Lacs. Additionally we also deposited ₹ 8500.00 as a CA’s fee for generating project report. I got a draft project report for my authorization. After submitting the same, I received a verification call from PMEGP no [deleted]. Soon I got a letter of approval from ‘Khadi & Village industry Commission” (KVIC). PMEGP disburse loan through KVIC. KVIC also asked me to deposit 10% of loan amount amounting to ₹ 1, 50,000/- (One lac 50 thousand) as a collateral. This I deposited in the account given to me by Mr. Kapoor. 
Now the file was transferred to Bank of Baroda for transferring loan to my bank account. I received verification call from no [deleted]. I found this number was registered in name of Saurabh Kapoor. He told me that since Bank was overloaded with loan applications they have asked them to carry out verification call and forward the recorded conversation to their record. So his assistant done the verification and forwarded the recorded call to bank. 
Further I received call from bank of Baroda head office no [deleted]. He conveyed that they will be depositing loan in my account within one hour but before that we have to deposit amount equivalent to six months installments (₹. 100750/-) in advance as a security deposit. This I refused saying that nowhere in world, banks have asked to deposit advance installments. They mailed a formal letter demanding the same. I told Mr. Kapoor that I will not be paying it as I don’t have any money, if it results in cancellation of our loan, it is ok with us and asked him to return my ₹ 1,58,500/-). Since then there is no communication.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

13 Answers

Dear Client,

Clear case of cheating.

File FIR without delay, before the culprit fled.

Annex record of payment made in bank account.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Send a legal notice to Mr. Kapoor and seek refund of your entire processing fee from him.

Incase Mr. Kapoor fails to comply with the legal notice, take resort to appropriate remedies available to you, under the civil and criminal laws .

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) file complaint of cheating , criminal breach of trust against the fraudster

2) check with PFC whether Mr kapoor is their agent or not

3) also check with KVIC whether any such letter for sanction of loan has been issued by them or not

4) it appears to be case of cheating by Mr KapOor in collusion with officers from bank and KVIC

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87899 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a written Complaint to the Police asap.

Moumita Mitra
Advocate, Kolkata
366 Answers
1 Consultation

4.0 on 5.0

File a criminal compliant on cheating and fraud and forgery Mr Kapoor.

Mr. Kapoor clearly played you and has done a scam file a criminal complaint and provide police with account number based on this the person shall be tracked.

This is a clear setup wherein name of Bank of Baroda and khadi Commission is used send them a notice too mention both these entities name in FIR the police will further investigate on the matter.

Also if address of Mr. Kapoor is Know send him a legal notice to return you money if he doesnot file a civil suit for recovery of same you have bank receipt has valid transition evidence

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Lodge a police complaint against Mr. Saurabh Kapoor for cheating, forgery of documents and impersonation immediately.

2. If police refuses to register FIR, file a Writ Petition against police inaction praying for a direction upon police to register FIR, investigate and act as per law based on your said complaint.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26602 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Seems it is a organized money squandering racket.

2. File complaint before the Cyber Crime cell and the local office of EOW.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


Make a complaint of fraud to the police and RBI.

This may a fraud with you by some bank official by using the bank of baroda platform unofficially.

Thank You

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
5365 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Please note it appears to be a scam better lodge a complaint with jurisdiction police alleging impersonation, fraud and cheating also under provision of IT act. You need to approach police immediately seeking help. If police does not register complaint better approach court under section 200 Crpc under private complaint to charge under section 419,420 ipc and section 66D of IT act.

Swarnarka Chowdhury
Advocate, Mysore
1878 Answers
5 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have been a victim of cyber crime and you need to file a FIR in the Cyber cell.

It was good that you denied the further payment but this is really strange that you never noticed such activity when dealing with them as these people normally go missing as soon as the work is done.

I don't expect any recovery but in case the cheaters get arrested it will be good and few more innocent people will be saved

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

This is a cleverly planned fraud in the name of loan.

If you probe into the entire affair you will confirm that you have been cheated right from the beginning.

With the available details you can draft a strong complaint against the said official with his higher officer about this scandal and fraud played by him besides lodging a similar complaint with district crime branch police, expose the racket to public by press media too.

The police complaint would enable you to recover the amount.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78057 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear friend pls. File a. Case with cyber crime cell and give them. All the information and documentation what you have these are pure cheats

Anwar Zaidi
Advocate, Mira Bhayandar
231 Answers

4.5 on 5.0


Probably a fraud has been played with you.

If you want to take action then on the basis of the phone numbers immediately lodge a complaint of chaeating, miss appropriation against the said people.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer