• Award under land acquisition act

I have purchased and constructed a buiding on the plot of land in navimumbai . now i i have also got occupancy certificate for it and handedover possession to buyers. now the issue is that cidco is not allowing to form society and is asking to pay Maveja of 28800000/- .
I have a copy opf it which i would like to send you and i want to understand about it fully as to what is it exactly as i have already paid for the land and cant afford this now. [ please sned your mail id ]
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

10 Answers

Dear Client,

Sending I`d is prohibited, Please u should contact .

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

If already all plan was sanction than for what purpose they are asking maveja amount.

For further details you can select consultation call.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

you have to opt for feature review of legal documents with any lawyer on this website

then only forward documents by email

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87897 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


if the occupancy certificate was issued by the appropriate authority then i do not understand the point of raising maveja at this stage.

You may take phone consultation with one of the advocate and share the notice for further discussion on the topic.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If this is an unjust and illegitimate demand, you have the option to challenge this demand notice before the High Court.

The fact that you have obtained the occupancy certificate, implies that you have cleared all your dues; and thus, prima facie, this demand notice seems to be bad.

See a local expert civil lawyer.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Did you do any agreement with Cidco to pay the enhanced compensation for the land??

Or there is some other party you purchased the land that is original allottee from Cidco??

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

As per I know, "the flats purchased in Navi Mumbai, are built by builders on something called 12.5% Gaothan expansion scheme and these land was initially allotted by CIDCO to a local villager (gaonwalla),in exchange for his farmland,which CIDCO took over."

It is best that you consult any local lawyer and seek help.

Moumita Mitra
Advocate, Kolkata
366 Answers
1 Consultation

4.0 on 5.0

1. CIDCO charges what is called as PREMIUM.

2. IF Society cannot be formed THEN form RWA and gradually collect CIDCO's money and pay it to them.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Have you bought the land by a registered sale deed and whether did you confirm the clear and marketable title of the seller at that time?

If the land is coming under CIDCO then whether the permission by the seller from CIDCO has been obtained?

The below referred citation may throw some light to your query:

City Industrial And Development ... vs Sunil Ratanlal Jethliya And Anr on 13 February, 2018

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78050 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I need to study the same. You can contact name through Kaanoon on [deleted].

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27224 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer