1. Your brother had put some money in the hands of a friend and his father in New Jersey, USA,
2. What innstruction/advice he had given to them about the said money?
3. Certainly they were told to do some thing with the said money. You are silent in this regard,
4. If your brother had told them to give it to charity, then they have done the correct thing,
5. Please keep in mind that they have not taken away the said money which they could have easily done,
6. It is also a pertinent question as to why your brother had not transferred the money to you, your sister or for charity directly,
7. However, if they have not follwed the instruction/request of your rother then they have not acted correctly.