• Landlord not returning security deposit

i have given security deposit of rs 6000 for rent of shop & have plan to sign agreement of 20mar & give rest 12000 for shop as 2 months deposit & 1 month running advance & now not able to continue with agreement, but owner not returning 1st part of security deposit. Can i legally make complaints against him.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Jaipur, Rajasthan
Hi, if the owner not returning the security deposit issue legal notice for recovery of money and file a suit for recovery.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

security deposit is only Rs 6000 . if you issue legal notice and file recovery suit you will spend more money in legal fees
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45747 Answers
2692 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Follow the wise advice of Mr.Sethi.
While complaints can legally be made the same will cost you more than the amount involved. It is thus in your interest to settle the dispute amicably.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer