• Special leave petition civil in supreme court

We have accepted the jurisdiction of honb high court against specific performance of propertu and ready to pay the earnest money with paid interest. Case is in for 17 years, and now we have to replyin supreme court. As the otger party has filed slp in supreme court staying he is willing to pay th current amount. We font want to sell his house as we are staying in this property for 40 years. Just wanted to ask do we need to reply to the suit we have recievd,rom supreme court? Would this petition be accepted and required argument and the case will again go for ages? I might want to seek a lawyer for opinion and help
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from delhi, Delhi
Yes you have to file your reply and then the case would come up for arguments. Whether or not the petition will eventually be accepted cannot be foretold. It will not take long for the SC to decide the SLP.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23176 Answers
641 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to reply to affidavit filed in supreme court and fight it out.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer