• Motor vehicle

car insured as package policy in the name of partnership firm consisting of 4 partners and one of the partner travelling in the car  died .insurance co;, has taken a defence that he cannot be paid compensation on the ground that he is joint owner.The tribunal has held that the partnership firm is liable and has absolved the insurance co;, of its liability and the matter is pending in appeal before karnataka high court plz advice whether liability can be fixed on insurance company
Asked 3 years ago in Civil Law from Dharwad, Karnataka
car insurance policy is in name of partnership firm . partner of the firm was using the car for business purposes . in case of accident insurance co should pay . hopefully Karnataka high court should decide in your favour

what does your car policy says about coverage,who are all covered in your policy as you pay them premium every year .it is mentioned in policy kindly see it and then get back to me or send me scanned copy of your insurance policy

Agree with Ajay Sethi.
Fateh Chand Sharma