• How can i deal with this situation

Hello sir/madam,
we had a house in Mulund east in Mumbai. there was about to 150 houses in our area called Mahatre Nagar. when I was 10 years teen in the year of 2008, 27th Jan, all houses were burst by two parties even thou we had all proofs like ration card, tax pavty, 2000 ka pavty {some was having 1995 too}, meters on our name and agreements etc many more documents. we all public had filed a case against the defendant ... its 11th year no results..but yes court declared injunction.. In our society no one is literate much, they came from other states for their lives. yet 3 Lawyers has changed.. they charged feeses so highly. now all of the society members appointed one more lawyer recently they blindly following ...this new lawyer asking each of them to pay 40k as his charges .. those who cant afford to pay to him, the lawyer won't accept respective person documents to fight in court. what I can do, please could you suggest me. I'm studying cs executive .. my eyes now opened now I'm able to understand .....please help me, sir/madam, what I can do.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

12 Answers

1) suit should reach final hearing soon if it has been pending in court for 11 years

2) you can engage another lawyer if you are unable to afford other Lawyer fees

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87939 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

What is status of the suit??

Hire some other good lawyer and negotiate with him on fees based on stage of fees.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Friend,

You need not worry. You can get free advocate from this authority. Try.


State Legal Services Authority

105, High court (PWD) Building, Fort, Mumbai - 400 032.

Tel.: [deleted] / 2263 1358


Maharashtra govt increases income criteria for free legal aid


Now, people whose annual income is up to Rs72,000 will be eligible for free legal aid. The move by the state government to increase the annual income of individuals from Rs50,000 to Rs72,000 is in a bid to reach out to more citizens in need of free legal aid.

A Government Resolution issued by the Law and Judiciary Department on October 30, a copy of which is available with dna, states that the proposal to increase the annual income criteria was pending before the government. That proposal was approved after receiving a go-ahead from the finance department.

The change will come in effect by making amendments in section 16 of the Maharashtra State Legal Aid Service Rules, 1998. As per statistics available in the years 2010-2011, a total of 5,255 applications were received, in 2012-13 there were 6,529. The total beneficiaries in the corresponding periods were 14,985 and 6,602. Matrimonial matters consume most of the legal aid services followed by under-trial prisoners and property disputes among relatives.

SB Bahalkar, deputy secretary, Maharashtra State Legal Aid Services Authority (MSLASA) said, “The move is commendable and it will help more needy persons who are unable to fight their cases properly because they cannot afford private lawyers.”

The eligibility criteria is not applicable to women and children of all castes and religions, members of the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes. As of now there are around 250 advocates associates on the legal aid panel across the Bombay High court and lower judiciary in Mumbai.

In the high court, an advocate on the panel gets around Rs2,100 as fees and actuals of other expenses. The amount is less in the lower judiciary as compared to what private lawyers make on an average.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Any how you have to be represented in this case, so that the benefits to which you're entitled come to you after court passes it's verdict.

Find out if any young lawyer can handle this for you provide Bono.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


You are suggested to take help of legal aid and there are provisions that the persons having low income/no income are given legal aid.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Pls send detail of documents and you can independently tag in main case or thro some good lawyer who will fight for you at a competitive cost.

Vijay Kumar
Advocate, Mumbai
26 Answers

4.0 on 5.0


He is charging a high fee. You may look out for other lawyer who will charge decent fee and will help you get justice.

You may get in touch with Mumbai based lawyer on this portal.

Also if you want you may take help of Legal Aid Societies in Mumbai.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17940 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have give incomplete details of the case pls call me will provide you all the help in such situation.

Anwar Zaidi
Advocate, Mira Bhayandar
231 Answers

4.5 on 5.0

1) You can take help from para legal executive or Law NGO who helps people free if charge for any problem. You can find in net search in Google in Mumbai you will find NGO's who are legally helping to poor people in the society.

2) you can file your own case without lawyer tell court that you are going to fight your own case or appoint government lawyers.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12335 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. He is charging too much from you.

2. It is a mass case wherein one petition shall have to be filed for all the aggrieved persons who are the joint applicants.

3. Actually all of you should execute a POA in favour of one of your to represent you and the said POA holder shall sign the application as the constituted attorney for all of you.

4. You should be able to get a reasonably standard lawyer who might charge any where between Rs.50K to Rs.80K for filing the said application.

5. Search for a lawyer afresh.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26602 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since the case is already running in the court, if you cannot afford this lawyer then you can engage a lawyer of your own or you can approach the legal services authority seeking free legal aid by appointing a lawyer from legal services authority.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78097 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You need to approach the civil court for the same. You need to file the suit .

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27267 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer