• Fraud company sold me franchise

A person from a fraud company had approached me in 2013 with a scheme in a company where i will be making a investment as a franchise and will be able to run a company office in my city. Later that year company has taken Rs 80000 from me as an franchise fee and has not responded ever since. Kindly advice what to do?
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from Guwahati, Assam
issue legal notice to company . file criminal complain of cheating , criminal breach of trust . against   the company .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47925 Answers
2846 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

file a criminal case against the company and that person before police or court as you think fit for cheating u/s 420 of IPC.
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4916 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Do you have the address of that company? If yes then immediately file a criminal case for cheating against it. That apart, file a case for recovery of money after issuing him a legal notice through your lawyer. You may also claim from the company the amount you shall spend on availing the services of your lawyer. Act swiftly lest it becomes untraceable.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer