• Rectification of directions in sale deed

Sir my plot registered 1988 since i have not do any transactions but recently i found in registered sale deed mentioned boundaries are not matching with present directions and my vendor died and how to rectify my boundaries as per law
Asked 5 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

4 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

14 Answers

Dear Sir,

You may file a suit for formal declaration about correction of boundaries. If legal heirs are alive and available then try to get rectification deed otherwise above suit will get you required relief. For more clarifications please contact me.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6069 Answers
392 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

The legal heirs of the vendor and you, may together execute a rectification deed and correct all the prevalent errors in the sale deed.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9441 Answers
251 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

request the legal heirs of seller to execute deed of rectification to correct the schedule of the property to reflect the correct boundaries

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
89068 Answers
6359 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Sir

Please make a Rectification Deed and declare property correctly and register it. Dont require vendor for this agreement.

Feel free to get in touch with us for assistance.

Shettar SS
Advocate, Bangalore
182 Answers
1 Consultation

4.4 on 5.0


Approach the legal heirs of the deceased for getting the appropriate rectification done. A rectification deed will have to be filed for the same.

If they are not available then you may file a suit for formal rectification of the boundaries.


Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
17943 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

A rectification deed or an deed for amendment can be prepared along with the legal heirs of the deceased seller. If they are not available then you can file a civil.suit for declaring the actual.boundaries and correction in sale deed.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Rectification or Confirmation deeds are also known as correction deeds. They are entered between two parties to rectify any errors made in a previous deed. These errors may include typing error, mis spelt name, error in property description, or any other error in execution of the documents. These mistakes can be later corrected through a deed of confirmation.


(a) Error must be genuine

(b) It must be inadvertent not intentional

(c) All the parties must agree to the rectification thereof.

U can apply for it at sub registrar office, along with documents which can prove the actual description of property.

This can be done by Vendor`s legal heirs and if they don't`t agree, can seek remedy through court u/s 26 of Specific Relief Act.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Dear Sir,

As per your version the vendor is no more now. Then the legal heirs of vendor have to execute and register Rectification Deed in your favour. If there are no legal heirs then give public notice through paper publication in the property area and apply for registration of rectification deed.

Vijay Jogle
Advocate, Hyderabad
23 Answers
1 Consultation

5.0 on 5.0

You may file a suit of declaration.

Ganesh Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
6646 Answers
16 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

If the boundaries mentioned in the registered sale deed is not matching the practical situation, then you may confirm the same through a government surveyor, mark the boundaries as per the revenue records, get a report of the actual boundaries and its measurement, notify the legal heirs of the deceased vendor by a notice advising them to execute a registered rectification deed in your favor on behalf of the deceased vendor.

If they fail to turn up then you may file a suit for mandatory injunction to direct the legal heirs of the deceased vendor to execute a registered rectification deed rectifying the correct measurements and boundaries of the property alternately pray to the court to declare the correct measurement as per the surveyor report.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
79229 Answers
1617 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Since the vendor already died and boundaries are not matching with present directions , then

- Take Report with the help a surveyor of concerned department of your area to mark the boundaries and

- Approach the legal heirs of the deceased vendor for executing a registered Rectification Deed in your favour.

- If, the legal heirs deny or not response then you should file a suit against them in the court of your jurisdiction on the ground of Present/latest Report for rectifying the boundaries as per law.

- After summoning the legal heirs , the court will direct them to execute the same in your favour.

- If, they not appear before the court , even then you will get ex-parte order from the court ,which will work in your favour.

Mohammed Shahzad
Advocate, Delhi
10319 Answers
124 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you can file a application before the tehsildar for rectification and a fresh measurement of the land

Hemant Chaudhary
Advocate, Gurgaon
4626 Answers
67 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. You shall have to file a declaratory suit before the local Civil Court praying for a declaration that inadvertently incorrect description of boundaries has been shown in your said sale deed which is required to be rectifies as such and such and also praying for a direction upon the Registrar to make the said rectifications in his records.

2. You shall have to make the legal heirs of the late Vendor in the said Declaratory Suit to be filed by you.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26792 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. File Application before the local Tahsil office for proper Survey and Demarcation. This survey map and certificate, will be final for all legitimate purposes.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer