• Bar council

I am an advocate, I am a second wife of one business man,  if the first wife give a complaint against me in bar council, what will happen?
Asked 4 years ago in Constitutional Law from Chennai, Tamil Nadu
The Bar Council has no authority whatsoever under the Advocates Act to take any action against you. The authority of Bar Council to penalise a lawyer is confined to acts of professional misconduct. Professional misconduct is an umbrella term given to those acts which emanate out of his professional dealings with his client and the duty towards the court. 

The first wife of your husband can take recourse to her remedies under the legal framework of the country, but the Bar Council is de hors any authority of law to act against you.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
653 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

I think M. Devessar is right.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer