• False 498a case

my wife has files a false 498a, 3/4 dp case against me and my parents. I have the copy of FIR, which clearly shows the falsely implecation. I want to show or send a copy of this FIR to some of her relatives and wants to know the realty, and state of mind of her and her parents. I even want to involve them for mediation. I want to know by doing this am i doing any futher offence..? llike defamation or something like this..?
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
Your  perception is wrong, and your thinking is also  wrong, immedeately  apply  for. Anticipatory bail u/s 438  Crpc  before. Allahabad  High  Court, take bail and  then resort to reconciliation, otherwise u will land up  in  jail.
Soumya   Kundu
Advocate, Kolkata
50 Answers

4.7 on 5.0

Agree with expert
Nadeem Qureshi
Advocate, New Delhi
4910 Answers
228 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

since FIR is registered try get pre arrest bail as soon as possible ans there after explore the mediation possibilities
Rajeev Bari
Advocate, New Delhi
1506 Answers
92 Consultations

4.6 on 5.0

Sending the copy of FIR to her relatives will not help you in any manner as they cannot cancel the FIR. So do not waste time in doing this as while the FIR is en route her relatives you may be arrested and put in jail. You should immediately apply for bail to thwart the possibility of you and your parents being arrested. A case for defamation is not made out.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer