• Dispute Land

I am Bhanu Garg from a small village of Bihar Dist. Aurangabad. We are basically farmers and own a large land. This land belong to us from the age of father of my grandfather. We pay tax to the government every year and have all the tax paid slip with us. But now we planned to move out of village and started selling our land one by one. From the beginning of the sell their was dispute between my father and a other person. At the beginning their was only one person claiming that a part of the land belong to him. But now about 10 persons have claimed that the part of that land belong to him. Some of the person even sold that part of the land on very cheap rate with false papers. We have been doing farming on that land last 70 years but no one said anything till the time of plotting. We have filled cases against them but till now their is no result. Lots of money has been wasted but the result is zero. Please suggest me a way in which we can stop the false people from claiming our land as their own. I am waiting for your reply.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Aurangabad, Bihar

Thank you for posting your query.

There is no way of stopping a third person from raising a dispute or filing a case against you. You have mentioned that certain other persons had sold the above piece of land on the basis of false documents. In that case you may file a criminal complaint against that person for forgery and cheating. And also file a civil suit for cancellation of the sale deed.
In case your title of the land is clear, that you will eventually win before the court of law. But there is no shortcut procedure to cut down the legal hassle. Unless the parties mutually decide to settle the dispute. In such a situation you might have to part with certain piece of your land but eventually you might be able to resolve the dispute.
In order to do so, you need to draw up an agreement with the opposite side and then file the same before the competent civil court where the cases are pending.  

Nishant Bora
Advocate, Jodhpur
111 Answers
33 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

I agree with Mr. Bora
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer