• Succession certificate

My mother has expired without making any nomination for her shares which are of approximate value of Are. 125000/=. 
The DP wants me to give a Succession certificate or Letter of Administration for the transfer of these shares. 
I am the only son and my father is alive and is ready to give any NOC  or Indemnity bond etc. 
I would like to know what is more practical, Letter of Administration or Succession Certificate.?
How much time would it take and how much should be the lawyer's fee for the same.
Asked 5 years ago in Family Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
Religion: Hindu
Both are same. As regards costs and time, it will depend on the place where you are located and where your mother expired.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Apply for succession certificate. It might take up to 6-8 months before you can have the certificate in your hands.  As regards the lawyer's fees only your lawyer can tell you the same.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
24302 Answers
677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer