• Tenant not vacating the house

I have my own house. I had given the first floor on rent to two tenants for one year. At that time no written agreement was done between us and everything was all right till six to seven month and then afterward problem get started. My tenants talking loudly at mid night, which I apposed. I  asked them to vacate if they can not adjust.  After that  one to two occasion they threatened me. I complaint to police in written and finally at that time a written compromise was done with them in the presence of the two witness of their side and two of my side in the presence of police. Both we agreed that period of  02  month 10 day will be given to the tenants. 
After waiting for 02 months and 08 days, my tenants had send the court summoned to me on 09 days  (that is the last day of our written compromise). And also from that period they are not give me any rent, electricity or water bill and now it is almost 04 months without rent & bill After that  I also forced to engage  a lawyer. I had attend 02 court date out of which 01 is there summoned date & other one is date given by the court to both party on Nation Lok Adalet held on 16 Nov 2013. On that date the honorable Judge also try to compromise in between us, & given them more time, but they did not reply & no compromise could be made. Now they send me some more summoned which is
 1) for not giving them water.( which is spoiled due to electric shock)
2) Stay on summoned which I had send to them  as  illegal occupant  in my house.
Sir I am a poor men. I had lost   my well established business in the Uttarakhand flood tragedy.
My lawyer demand money, and his demand is increased day by day and there is no fruitful result. The other party is sending me  court summoned one & another  and I am not able to bear all this mentally , physically & emotionally. I am just earn 10,000 Rupee in private job and have two school going children and is really very difficult to me & my children to survive. Please help me, guide me. I will be thankful to you for this
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Zirakpur, Punjab
The hard fact is that you will have to fight it out in the court, and get a sympathetic lawyer to do so.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

My sympathies are with you. However, you made a blunder by not entering into a written agreement with your tenant. What you need now is a lawyer who can fittingly represent you taking this as a pro bono case. If you do not have the money to avail the services of your lawyer then make an application to the District Legal Services Authority to provide you with a lawyer at the state expenditure. The office of District Legal Services Authority is situated in the court complex of every district court. Without a lawyer it is not possible to protect your rights. This is all I can suggest to you.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
653 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer