• Laptop brought has issue 3 times in 6 months

I have brought a Dell Laptop for Rs. 69,900.00. But within 6 months, I had 3 different type of issues on the it. Every time, they say they will replace defective parts but I want to get new laptop or get a free warranty extension for it. But they are only willing to give a refurnished laptop only or replace the defective parts. The product is still in warranty. Please advise me on this whether I can go ahead with the consumer case for the resolution ?
Asked 6 years ago in Civil Law

2 answers received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

12 Answers


You may send them a legal notice and if they fail to rectify the same then you may definetly file a case in the district consumer forum for deficiency in services.

You may take services of a lawyer to draft of your case and you can represent yourself in the court without engaging a lawyer, as engaging a lawyer for Rs. 69,900/- will be costly for you.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Anilesh Tewari
Advocate, New Delhi
18069 Answers
377 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) during my warranty period company will only replace defective parts

2) they would not supply new laptop

3) filing case before consumer forum would not yield results

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94200 Answers
7427 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Give a legal notice through local advocate and then go for consumer complaint. I think correct word is bought instead of "brought".

Dalip Singh
Advocate, New Delhi
1082 Answers
36 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Client,

Send the legal notice to change the defective LP, fail to do so, file Consumer case.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
22551 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0


Yes go ahead and file complaint under consumer protection act and you will be provided a new laptop or the amount with interest.

Thank You

Rahul Jatain
Advocate, Rohtak
5365 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

Yes, this is a fit case to approach the consumer court.

File a consumer complaint for the defective laptop that has been sold to you by Dell, in the Dist. Consumer Forum.

Send a legal notice to Dell before you actually approach the Court.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, Lucknow
9582 Answers
301 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If laptop cannot be repaired then manufacturer would give you new lap top

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94200 Answers
7427 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

yes, first write a letter intimating defective sell and deficiency of service for replacing the defective laptop itself then proceed to consumer forum if they disagree to replace the laptop with new one.

Manish Paul
Advocate, Kolkata
287 Answers
2 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Consumer case is the best option. File a case with all the documentary proof to prove your case.

Advocate, Bangalore
591 Answers
4 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

You can first serve them a legal notice demanding the replacement of the product itself due to the recurring problems with the PC.

You may invoke the warranty clause in the notice itself, let them give a reply, if they do not respond fruitfully, you may approach consumer forum seeking relief, remedy and compensation for the mental agony you suffered due to this.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
84399 Answers
2131 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

File a Complaint in consumer court staying all the issue with your product and elaborate expressively faults and negligence of company

Rajesh Kumar
Advocate, Ludhiana
119 Answers
1 Consultation

4.3 on 5.0

Yes. File a consumer complaint in concerned Consumer Forum

Parkash Chand Bhardwaj
Advocate, Hamirpur
120 Answers

4.8 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer