• Defamation of my company

Our company's past employee has recently joined a competitive company in the same line of business. He has made derogatory and false remarks in respect of our price and quality of our products in an email to one of our customers and thereby tried to lure the client. What remedy do I have against the employee as well as the Company?
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
issue legal notice to ex employee  regarding derogratory remarks made by him . if he refuses to with draw you can file criminal complaint of defamation against the ex employee.  in addition you can also file suit for damages against said ex employee

You do not have any legal remedy against the company.
However, you may prosecute the ex employee for defamation. To begin the legal process you need to issue a lawyer's notice to the ex employee asking him to unconditionally apologise for the derogatory remarks made by him against your company. If he does not apologise even after the legal notice is issued then you may sue him for defamation to seek damages and also prosecute him for the same offence.

Right now to stop him ,better will be going in the direction of criminal
 case through filing FIR with police and if police doesn't file go to court for filling FIR.
Anil Gupta

Mr. Sethi rightly advised