• Will of my father

Dear sir/ Mam, My father made a will in my name (son) and he did not give any share to his daughter ( my Sister) the will is registered. My father died in the year of 2010. The will created in the year of 2007. My sister is well settled. But i have no income from last few years. Did she claim in my father's property?
Asked 5 years ago in Property Law from Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
If you arte the only beneficiary named in the will, only you are entitled. However, your sister may not try to claim and content the probate of the will.

The process is you have to have the will probated in a court; after which, your name may be recorded as owner in the municipal records, who will send you the tax bills in your name.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

Since the property has been vested in you by your deceased father your sister does not have any right whatsoever in it now. So it can be registered by you. Don't believe 'some people'.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
24302 Answers
677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer