• Property puchased by father for minor son

My father purchased a property in my name when I was 16 yrs. Now I am a major and my father expired. My step sisters are contesting that the property is purchased with my father's income and I was only a nominee and are demanding a share in this property. Is it valid by law. Are they entitled for a share in this property purchased by my father in my name when I was a minor.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
they are not entitled to any share in said property . your father had of his own free will purchased property in your name . you are absolute owner of said property . you cannot be said to be a mere nominee
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45760 Answers
2693 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your sisters have no share in this property due to the fact that the same is registered in your favour by your father during his lifetime. Registration of a property in sole name implies sole ownership thereof. As such you are the owner and not nominee.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, property was purchased in your name when your are in minor and when u attend majority you become the absolute owner of the property.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer