• Possession of Property

My husband had purchased a property on my name directly from builder.  As it was of no use for me, I had given it to my daughter's husband for using it 10 years ago.
No written agreement was made.
Now when i want it, he has refused to hand it over to me.

A similar query was asked by someone few days ago and from responses I understand since I don't have possession I cannot gift it to anyone. 

What options do I have to get possession of the shop ? I have pleaded many times in front of them, but they refuse to budge. 

Can't i just break the locks as it still in my name and no written agreement was made when I had given keys to them.
Considering I have to beg to get in my own property seems very disheartening.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Thane, Maharashtra
issue legal notice to your son in law . if he refuses to vacate file suit for eviction against your son in law . he has no rights on the property .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45474 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, issue legal notice and file a suit for eviction from the premises.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Is your husband alive? Whosoever is the legal owner of this property can demand it back in accordance with the law. He cannot overstay after the owner commands him to leave. Issue through your lawyer a notice to him to vacate. If he does not abide by the notice then file a case for his eviction in the district court wherein the court will order him to leave. 

If you break the locks then you can be jailed for house breaking as it is illegal.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
22977 Answers
634 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Seek for possession and compensation for having illegally occupied your property by issuing a legal notice and file a suit thereafter if refused to act.
Sai Kiran R
Advocate, Bangalore
86 Answers
6 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer