• Will conversion to Islam cancel S.C. facilities

I am a Hindu boy and belong to S.C category. I got a govt. job under S.C category. Now I want to get converted into Muslim. Will it deprive me of my job and S.C. benefits? I am from West Bengal.
Asked 5 years ago in Constitutional Law from Kolkata, West Bengal
According to me, there should be no restriction as such.
Prabhat Shroff
Advocate, Kolkata
141 Answers
39 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

So far I have not come across cases where after conversion the S.C category of a boy terminates on changing religion. Though, it is valid for a female depending in which caste she marries.

Feroz Shaikh
Advocate, Navi Mumbai
407 Answers
58 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

I respectfully differ with my above two esteemed colleagues-at-bar on this.

In my considered opinion, the caste of an individual originates from his religion. So when the religion goes the caste also goes, and the benefits which a person was entitled to under his caste can no longer be availed by him.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
24281 Answers
677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer